Monday, April 12, 2010

Queer as folk!

Well for the past week it's been a sunny sunny Cornwall, the daffodils are out and as soon as I can grab some time I'm out to......With my cameras.



I have noticed through experiment that if I stand in the middle of the pavement with a small point and shoot camera clicking off pictures nobody takes any notice apart from I'm stood still on the pavement therefore i'm in their way! Now I took my digital Slr to the same spot and the reaction of the public was only what I can describe as a frown, they seemed annoyed that I may have taken their picture!! OK because I noticed this change in attitude I decided to take my 1958 rollieflex to the same spot, and guess what attitudes changed again! This time it was more of a look of interest and intrigue and older folks stopped to tell me that they had a camera like that once, but not one frown! OK I decided on the big one, I took my 1890 plate camera to the same spot, and you guessed it attitudes were again changed, this time 60% of the people asked what I was doing or they asked questions about the camera! Until.....................I got moved on the the police for causing an obstruction, I packed my equipment up and chatted to Mr Plod about why he felt I was an obstruction, he was very nice and said it wasn't me who was the problem, but I was the cause of the problem, simply because every one stopped to see what I was doing. The morel is the bigger and more interesting your camera is....the more likely you are to get arrested!!!!!!!

2 comments:

J.M. Rábago García said...

Your camera collection is wonderful. I think it's normal what happened out on the streets with one of those jewels. Greetings.

SIMONCOLGANPHOTOGRAPHY said...

Thankyou Maromos and welcome to my blog.