Sunday, January 17, 2010

A small man

I want tell about a friend of mine who works for a very small man, I call him a small man because he's a bully! He is very oldschool and thinks it's still OK to make his staff cry!



Well that's not all, the company is a bit of a joke he is the Boss and owner and second in command is his son, now under the son is a site manager, under him is the Hr manager who is the big boss's son as well, and under him is the overall office manager and under her is the manager. This is all under one roof in one office, the funniest thing of all is.........There are only two members of staff!!!!! Now am I wrong in thinking of the old saying "Too many chiefs" The boss is what I class as an asshole he has pet people some he loves and some his hates! If he hates you he will do all he can to make you leave, but my friend is made of sterner stuff, he has tried for two...yes two years to get rid of her, but she's still there. He still bullies her every day, telling her she is useless and constantly makes remarks about her weight, this has brought her to tears on several occasions, but still she fights on. He has now issued her with a final written warning without any other warnings for a small mistake in accounting, but even though she handles all the day to day accounting, she's not allowed to see the company bank statements! Am I wrong in thinking this is a bad company!!!! She has phoned ACAS and they actually said, there's nothing she can do as she has no evidence that he bullies her.He has now cut her hours so he is in breach of contract, but again ACAS said,"It's a long drawn out court battle, and it'll be expensive" I mean what the hell are ACAS there for?? Beats me that in this day an age this is allowed to happen. I can see where it will end...She will eventually lose her job and he will get away with it again! So where no I don't know!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a boss like this at one time and he got away with murder, ACAS would not do anything for me either. I feel for your friend!