Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh if I could bottle time

Not a lot posted lately, I do apologize but college has moved things up a notch, and given us a lot to do. I'm currently doing a project on Lewis Hine an incredible photographer who gave dignity back to immigrants arriving into Ellis Island in 1905. He also helped change the laws in the US for thousands of children who were being used as cheap labour in Factories, in mines and on the land, below are a couple of images taken by Hine. I think you'll find them moving.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon They were hard times we have no idea what hard times are. All the best Keith

Jo Bradford said...

Great to see some work by the amazing Mr Hine, a few of my GCSE students are doing projects on him at the moment too.

SIMONCOLGANPHOTOGRAPHY said...

I'm really enjoying it, not sure quite how to get pictures in resonse to the breif yet!!!

Zuzana said...

Children should never suffer.
The pictures are very poignant.
I have visited Ellis Island once on a trip to NYC; it was a very unique and thought provoking experience.